The 23rd annual University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum (UURAF) will be an asynchronous virtual event taking place April 15-19 and consisting of pre-recorded poster, oral, and performance/showcase presentations.
The showcase portion of the forum will be on Friday, April 16, with Film and Digital Media scheduled for 1:30-2:30 p.m. and Visual and Performing Arts from 3-4 p.m. Student showcase presenters will meet virtually as a group with judges and evaluators for a facilitated discussion about their creative works. Visitors to this session may submit questions to the facilitator.
Almost 500 students from all majors at Michigan State University will present their work as part of the 2021 UURAF. Of those students, 19 are from the College of Arts & Letters and include:
- Claire Bahorski, Humanities-Prelaw senior
- Stephanie Garcia, Humanities-Prelaw junior
- Sam Bourgeois, English junior
- Jacob Phillips, English junior
- Sam Liu, Linguistics senior
- Lindsay Moore, Linguistics senior
- Fatima Konare, Philosophy senior
- Alana Davis, Religious Studies senior
- C Widmann, Theatre senior
- Jordan House, Theatre sophomore
- Ally Iverson, Apparel and Textile Design senior
- Maddy Eischer, Apparel and Textile Design senior
- Jubilee George, Japanese senior
- Delaney Fedewa, Japanese sophomore
- Madison Brodoski, Spanish junior
- Maddie Hannon, Spanish senior
- Nala Davis, Film Studies senior
- Logan Bry, Professional and Public Writing senior
- Mark Zum Mallen, sophomore double major in Theatre and Mechanical Engineering
- Jack Rechsteiner, Linguistics senior
UURAF provides MSU undergraduate students with an opportunity to showcase their scholarship and creative activity. Held each spring, UURAF brings together an intellectual community of highly motivated students to share their work with faculty, staff, peers, and external audiences. The event provides a unique educational opportunity for aspiring researchers. Student participants gain experience in presenting their research, answering questions about their work from audience members and guests, and receiving constructive feedback from judges.